- On the Bots dashboard, from more options , click Bot Configuration as shown below.
- On the Bot Configuration page, click the Channels tab.
The Channels page appears as shown below.
- Select Web Widget from the Configure Channel list.
The Configure Web Widget dialog box appears as shown below.
Copy the Secret Key, the Head code and finally the Body code and retain them in an easily accessible location such as notepad or a text editor tool. These details will be used later when adjusting the web widget code on your website. You can use the copy icon to the right of each section to simplify the operation.
Info title Note
The secret key is a long series of characters. In this screenshot, we made it xyz as to not expose the secret key externally.
- Click Download to download the luma-web-widget.zip folder, which includes the index.html file, luma-web-widget.js file, and the web-widget.css file with images.
- Click Next to open Customize your Welcome Screen.
The Welcome screen provides a getting started message to first time users and Guest users. A common challenge for users interacting with a chatbot is understanding what the bot can and cannot do. This is a way to educate them on what your Virtual Agent can do. Customize your Welcome Screen consists of:
- Welcome Title: A greeting message to the users when they open the bot chat window. Specify a welcome title. The maximum allowed number of characters is 45.
Welcome Description: The Welcome Description provides a brief overview, purpose and capabilities of the bot. Specify a custom message to welcome the user when when they open the web widget for the first time. The maximum allowed characters in this field is up to 580.
Welcome Title and Description are part of the welcome screen. The Welcome message appears for a registered user only during their first interaction with Luma. However, for a guest user, the welcome message appears each time they come and launch the web widget.
- Click Configure to enable the Web Widget channel. You can inactivate the web widget if you do not want this channel available to users.
- The configured web widget is shown on the Channels page.
- If required, use the toggle button ( ) to make the channel inactive.
- If required, use the edit button ( ) to edit the web widget details.