Administrators and Developers can set each role's order of skills displayed within the Welcome Skill to create a customized welcome experience. You can also decide what skills need to be part of the welcome skill, and set the order of those skills. Skills Builder allows you to set Custom, System and ITSM skills as part of the welcome skills. You can add images in the Welcome Skill to provide a nice welcome experience to the user. For more information, see Creating your First Skill.
On the bot dashboard, from more options Bot Configuration. On the Bot Information page, click the Welcome Skills tab as shown below., click
Setting Skills Display Order
The display order of skills shown in the welcome skill is determined by the end user's role. To view and set the order of skills first select a Role from the drop-down list. The grid displays all skills assigned to the Welcome skill for that user's role.
The default Display order of the skills for each role is A to Z. Administrators and Developers can change the Display Order to any of the following options:
- Skill Name A-Z - Alphabetical ordering based on the Skill Name.
- Skill Name Z-A - Reverse alphabetical ordering based on the Skill Name.
- Last Updated - Skills are ordered from most recently updated to least recently updated (newest to oldest). This a dynamic list meaning as skills are updated the order will change for users.
- Total Executions - Skills are ordered from most executed to least executed. This is a dynamic list meaning as skills are used, the order changes for the users.
- Custom - This is a custom order defined by the Administrator by dragging and dropping skills to define an order.
Display Permitted Skills Only
By default the 'Display Permitted Skills Only' check box is deselected. If the Administrator selects the 'Display Permitted Skills Only' check box, then the skills assigned to that role only are displayed. If 'Display Permitted Skills Only' is not selected, then the skills assigned for that role as well as the skills for all the roles below it are displayed.
For example, the Developer role has 6 welcome skills, Analyst has 4 skills and Self-Service User has 10 Skills. If 'Display Permitted Skills Only' is not selected/checked, then 20 skills are shown on the Bot Configuration and to the the user while chatting with Luma. If 'Display Permitted Skills Only' is selected/checked, then only 6 skills associated to the Developer role are displayed.
On selecting a Role, and while trying to exit the page without saving the updated changes, the following alert appears. To avoid it, ensure saving your changes before exiting the welcome skills grid.
Add/Remove Skills to Welcome Skill
Administrators and Developers can select or deselect a skill to make it a part of the welcome skill. To learn how to create a skill, refer Creating your First Skill. To add a skill as part of the welcome skill, select the role from the Permission drop-down list and then select the Display in Welcome Skill check box. By default, the Permission is selected as Self-Service User, and the Display in Welcome Skill check box is automatically selected.
Bulk Update Skills Associated to the Welcome Skill
Administrators and Developers can decide which skills can be added to Welcome Skills from the available skills list grid, through bulk action. You can select multiple skills from the list to include or exclude in the Welcome Skills.
To add multiple skills to welcome skills, perform the following steps:
- On the bot dashboard, click Skills. The skills list grid appears.
- Select the required skills. Upon selecting the skills, the Update Welcome Skill and Update Permission buttons appear as shown below.
- Click Update Welcome Skill. The following window appears.
- Choose one of the options from Show in Welcome Skill and Do not Show in Welcome Skill. Clicking the Show in Welcome Skill option includes the selected skills into Welcome Skill. Clicking Do not Show in Welcome Skill will help you unassign the selected skills, if already assigned to a Welcome Skill.
- Click Update to save the selected option.
Administrators and Developers can set control over the skills to be available to the users in your organization on a per role basis. You can choose the skills from the list and associate to a specific role. The users associated to this role can access the specific skills.
To update permissions, perform the following steps.:
- On the Bot Dashboard, click Skills. The skills list grid appears.
- Select the required skills. On selecting the skills, the Update Welcome Skill and Update Permission buttons appear.
- Click Update Permission. The following window appears.
- Select the required role. The following list of Roles are available:
- Self-service User
- Click Update.
Permission for the selected skills is updated.