An Administrator can configure the email server and trigger emails from a specific email address. Email templates can be created to standardize outbound communications used during skill fulfillment.
The following are some of the benefits of using email for skill fulfillment:
- Extend integration to other systems with email instead of an API
- Connect to ITSM and CRM systems by sending
- Ensure a single outbound Luma email address
- Create multiple templates to support integrations with many external systems
An Administrator can create an email server which can be used to trigger emails from the bots in your tenant. Once the email server is configured, customized emails can be sent from a specific inbox to a specific email address for skill fulfillment. Only one email server can be created for a Tenant. To create an email server, do the following:
- On the Settings menu, click the Email Settings tab.
The Email Settings page appears as shown below.
- Click the Mail Server section to add a email server.
Enter the Mail Server details as shown below.
- Enter the mail server Name.
Enter the Host Name, which is the internet name of the server.
- Enter the Username. Some email providers may require your full email address as your user name.
Enter the P
- Enter the From Address from which you want the email to be triggered.
- Enter the Port Number used by the outgoing mail server. This port number helps to upload emails onto a server and then relay them to other mail servers.
Select the Block Outgoing Email from the drop-down list. .
Enter the Redirect Email Address.
Select whether the Security Protocol is None, SSL or TLS, based on the mail server. Security Protocol helps to transfer emails on a server and protect service providers from email fraud attempts. The Port Number is dependent on the selected Security Protocol.
- To validate whether the mail server is configured properly, click Validate.
The Validate Mail Server Configuration dialog box appears as shown below.
- Enter the Subject of the email.
- Enter the body of the email in the Message field.
- Click Save to the email server, else click Cancel to discard the process.
Once the email server is created, you can create email templates.
Create Email Templates
An Administrator can create email templates to be used as part of email fulfillment in skills. This helps to define a standard look and feel when emails are sent from Luma. To create email template:
- On the Email Settings tab, click Add Template.
- Provide the template name in the Name field.
- Enter the email template details as shown below, which are the same fields mentioned in the Validate Mail Server Configuration dialog box.
- Click Save to save the template, else click Cancel to discard the process.
Use Email Templates in Skills
To know how to create a skill, refer Creating your First Skill. While creating a skill, Administrators and Developers can use a specific email template to send an email for fulfillment. This helps to integrate with another system that may use email instead of a web service.
- Once the skill is created, on the Fulfillment tab, select the skill fulfillment type as Email.
The Email Configuration section appears as shown .
Enter the email details such as the email address, subject and the .
- Click to create the skill, else click Cancel.
Once the skill is triggered, the email is sent to the configured recipients.
Associate Email Template in a Skill
To associate an email template in a skill, do the following:
- In the Email Configuration section, click Select Template to select an email template.
The Select Template pop-up window appears as shown below.
- Click the email template to select it.
The selected email template details appear in the Email Configuration section as shown below.
You can use the email template as it is, or click to make any changes.
- Make the required changes to the template and click Create to create the skill, else click Discard Changes to discard the template .
Following is a sample conversation executing the guest access skill.
Once the skill is executed, the following email is received specifying the request .
Troubleshooting Tips for Emails
Following are the common issues and their resolutions while triggering the email fulfillment skills:
- There may be instances where the configured mail server may not recognize the sender's email address, and hence the email may land in the 'Junk Email' or 'Spam' folder. Check your email server settings to resolve this issue.
- If the Host Name and Port Number details are not provided correctly, or if the outgoing emails are blocked for the configured mail server, then the emails may not be received by the recipients.
- Ensure that the mail server is configured and validated before executing the email fulfillment skill.
- Ensure that correct email addresses are entered while creating the mail server and in the skills, else, the emails may not be sent.